*After our March workshop sold out two months in advance, we have added a second for April. Please book soon too avoid disappointment
This is only the second workshop Demand Energy Equality has organised where we ask people to pay. We have always kept our workshops free such that we can target low income households and facilitators who can pass on the skills. We want to continue this into 2013.
However…our funding is starting to run out. Running a paying one day course will enable us to keep running our free workshops for those who cant afford to pay. £80 of the £100 participants pay to attend this course will be put towards the running of further free workshops. There is one concessions place available, please get in touch if you are unable to afford full price.
The course will be a full 8 hour day where you will:
- Build your own 80 watt panel to take away.
- Learn how to build up your own solar PV array of self made panels and how to connect these to your home.
We will provide:
- One free 12v battery for you to take away, worth £30-40.
- The opportunity to buy materials and tools such as soldering irons and solar cells for future panels at cost price.
- 2 experienced course facilitators for a group of 10.
The panel design we will be teaching is that used for our solar tree project, a very durable panel made from double glazing units. On top of this you will receive a certificate of attendance!
The course will run on Saturday 20th April 2013 in Bristol. If you can’t make this day and would like us to run another date or have a question please email – email@example.com.
If demand exceeds supply for this workshop we will be happy to organise another. Just get in touch.